welcome



I'm going to start this blog by telling you a little bit about Perenboom.  The name originated from the crisp, clean taste of slightly unripe pear and a love for the simple and line conscious renderings of the Dutch.  Perenboom is about natural fibers, impeccable construction, simplistic silhouettes, anthropological artifacts, and environmental textiles.  It's my pet project and I couldn't be more excited (scared, overwhelmed, anxious) about developing my first ever Perenboom collection for Winter 2011.  There will be handknits catering to a functional and yoga-friendly lifestyle, basics for everyday wear, and accessories from a time before modernization.  While the shapes, knits, seams, and dreams come together (or fall apart), this blog will serve as Perenboom's story.  Handwritten by me, in my tiny West Hollywood apartment studio and hopefully soon-to-be from the foggy, frigid New England coastline.

No comments:

Post a Comment