blue and grey

Speaking of inspiration, I just saw that Renilde of At Swim-Two-Birds posted photos of 'The Blue Path', a collection of woven textile art.  It is, as the artist says, "about a quest, getting lost and darkening."  The pieces are quite melancholy and haunting. It gives me the same feeling as when I read The Story of The Shipwrecked Sailor by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - that sort of half-hearted struggle to survive.  Anyway, I really love the whole collection, but my absolute favorites are these:



 Here's the entire collection.


photos from At Swim-Two-Birds

Sadly, en route to a show, the whole collection was lost in the mail.  So. awful.  I really hope that it's found.  It's one of those instances where you just cry and cry and cry from frustration.  At the very least, I'm thankful that she got excellent photos of everything.

So, I'm back to knitting test pieces for the Perenboom winter collection.  I'm really hoping that my yarn comes in today so that I can start test-dyeing.  Yay!  I'm so excited; I've never dyed my own yarn before.  My goal with this collection is to have mostly hand drawn/hand dyed textiles, so we'll see how that progresses.  I'll post more on my knits tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment